Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1.1 We are a private, for-profit corporation.
- 1.3 General Principles
- 1.4 Location Data
- 1.5 You may only make use of this site for lawful activities
We are a private, for-profit corporation.
- You are our customers. That means you are very important to us and we want to keep you as customers.
- As our customers we recognize that you have a right to privacy.
- We don't ask for personal information we don't need other than to distinguish your account and contributions from others.
- We do study anonymized aggregate information such as number of logins per customer or per hour and similar. This is vital for capacity planning and reporting general activity to potential advertisers, investors, and others with a legitimate interest in such data.
- We may use third-party companies to help us manage the site and to do that they will need access to potentially everything. We will bind them to the same privacy policies we
- Everything you contribute, everything you post, every discussion comment, change, or edit you make is PUBLICLY VISIBLE.
- Private communications with our staff are private unless we both agree otherwise.
- We may use location data such as GPS as available to understand where activity is coming from and to customize you experience.
You may only make use of this site for lawful activities
- If you use the site unlawfully we will remove or undo your unlawful content or changes without any obligation to warn, explain, or discuss why with you though we will try to answer questions. We may, at our discretion, remove or block your account by various means if we deem that necessary to prevent you from using this site unlawfully.
- We are organized in the state of Massachusetts, USA though we may be required to conform to the laws of other jurisdictions.
- We will access, use, preserve, and/or disclose your Personal Information if we reasonably believe it necessary to satisfy a valid and legally enforceable warrant, subpoena, court order, law or regulation, or other judicial or administrative order. However, if we believe that a particular request for disclosure of a user's information is legally invalid or an abuse of the legal system and the affected user does not intend to oppose the disclosure themselves, we will try our best to fight it. We are committed to notifying you via email at least ten (10) calendar days, when possible, before we disclose your Personal Information in response to a legal demand. However, we may only provide notice if we are not legally restrained from contacting you, there is no credible threat to life or limb that is created or increased by disclosing the request, and you have provided us with an email address.
- We are committed to US principles of free speech and will endeavor to tolerate opinions and other content we might disagree with strongly.