Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1.1 We are a private, for-profit corporation.
- 1.3 IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE POLICIES IN THEIR ENTIRETY THEN DO NOT USE THIS SITE
- 1.4 General Principles
- 1.5 Location Data
- 1.6 Metadata
- 1.7 IP Addresses
- 1.8 IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE POLICIES IN THEIR ENTIRETY THEN DO NOT USE THIS SITE
We are a private, for-profit corporation.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE POLICIES IN THEIR ENTIRETY THEN DO NOT USE THIS SITE
- You are our customers. That means you are very important to us and we want to keep you as customers.
- As our customers we recognize that you have a right to privacy.
- We don't ask for personal information we don't need other than to distinguish your account and contributions from others or if necessary to contact you.
- We do study anonymized aggregate information such as number of logins per customer or per hour and similar. This is vital for capacity planning and reporting general activity to potential advertisers, investors, and others with a legitimate interest in such data.
- We may use third-party companies to help us manage the site and to do that they will need access to potentially everything. We will bind them to the same privacy policies we promise you.
- Everything you contribute, everything you post, every discussion comment, change, or edit you make is PUBLICLY VISIBLE.
- Private communications with our staff are private unless we both agree otherwise.
- We will access, use, preserve, and/or disclose your Personal Information if we reasonably believe it necessary to satisfy a valid and legally enforceable warrant, subpoena, court order, law or regulation, or other judicial or administrative order. However, if we believe that a particular request for disclosure of a user's information is legally invalid or an abuse of the legal system and the affected user does not intend to oppose the disclosure themselves, we will try our best to fight it. We are committed to notifying you via email at least ten (10) calendar days, when possible, before we disclose your Personal Information in response to a legal demand. However, we may only provide notice if we are not legally restrained from contacting you, there is no credible threat to life or limb that is created or increased by disclosing the request, and you have provided us with an email address.
- We may use location data such as GPS as available to understand where activity is coming from and to customize you experience.
- Devices you use may send us metadata. For example many cameras encode the time, location, and other information in a photo. Your browser sends us information such as what type of browser it is which can be important for our software to properly format output.
- We automatically receive the IP address of your device or proxy when you connect to our site and this is logged on our servers to track who logs in, spammers, and other legitimate interests we have. Other information about you can be inferred from IP addresses such as who your ISP is and where you are located.